Monday 27 August 2012

My most excellant weekend

I have just spent the last three amazing days stitching and shopping and having a great time with like minded people.  BE WARNED - PHOTO HEAVY POST

First of all, Saturday I went to the Proserpine Quilt Show and Tell, were we got to see some amazing quilts and got to shop, and chat with so many quilting friends. Here is some eye candy, I actually took so many photo's but these were ones that really caught the eye.
 Interesting use of colour
 Bargello work
 Yes it's crazy quilted, but machine done.
 Adapted 1800 quilt
 More Bargello....
 She had to extend this to make it fit her bed, oh what a shame... not
Love the colours of this one.
The group that hosted the event do some amazing charity work:
Yes that's me....


And my winnings... I got a lucky door prize:
And my shopping......


And then back to Eva's house overlooking Shute harbour...... this is our stitching table
The view

And some stitching:
 Our stockings for the Lion's swap, mine is the blue and silver and Eva's is the black, red and white one.
And then some show and tell of our own:  Eva (purple one) and Alison's (White one) TAST pieces:
 They have every stitch since Sharon started at the beginning of this year.

And Alison's amazing hexagon hand quilted quilt.
Thank you Eva and Alison for an amazing weekend, I look forward to coming down again in November for some more stitching.....Arlene

5 comments:

Shawkl said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture show! Very inspiring work, and especially that last photo...the hexagon quilt! Wonderful!
Kathy

Linda Steele said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. I like the look of some of your purchases too. Thanks for telling us about it.
Linda

Jen said...

Fantastic!! loved every photo. All the quilts were amazing. I have done the second bargello for myself.Some good shopping there and door prize.A lovely quilting weekend. It had to be with that view.

Annette said...

wow what a fabulously inspiring weekend.. well done..
hugs

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. Nearly as good as being there! Sounds like you had the best time. I'm surprised you got any sewing done with that beautiful view to distract you.