Sunday 8 November 2015

Christmas Gift making.

Well whilst I've got the sewing machine out, I figured I might get some more sewing done. Back in early August when we were up in Brisbane, I spend a couple of days out at my brothers place. They purchased a little pop top van. I made new curtains and a table cloth in matching fabric for Donna. I took the scraps and promised I would make her some accessories for her and Peter for Christmas. So this is what I made with the scraps. Two place-mats, two drink coasters, two tea towel hanging towels and a pot holder. I did buy some extra fabric to match. The fabric that the curtains were made from is the same in the top of the tea towel holders. Love the colours, very bright.
 This shows the full set.

 The coasters
Two place mats
 A pot holder that was very fiddly to make. Certainly won't be making another one.... ever.
And two towel holders.

I'm pretty sure Donna will like them, as she is always appreciative of the things I make for her.
Arlene

3 comments:

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Nice projects! Love the colours you used.

margaret said...

lovely gifts here wow the pot holder looks so complicated you have really mastered that

Anonymous said...

Dear Arlene, my name is Patrycja and I'm studing fashion design in Poland. And making my diplom fashion show which will be reased on Febryary. First of all I love Your work! It was an inspiration for me to make something like that for my clothes. I will make a collection, where I will put images of scorpio, so I would like to ask You if You could help me with that. I have made a 10cm embroided scorpio, for my coat, by it is not even near Your work, so maybe You could give me some advice how can I do it? Or maybe I could buy couple of them from You? Please let me know, I would be very gratefull. I send You my scorpion by facebook site. Best regards! Patrycja