I know I'm out of sequence with my elements for this project, but I have only just finished adding this element to my background and as she has to go on first, I thought I'd share her with you.
To refresh your memory, Rosey is the subject of my second assessment piece, which I am way behind on, and thought I had best get cracking on it. So I've painted the path, which still needs added enhancements which will come shortly.
But my problem was how to make Rosey. I had thought of kid leather, but couldn't find the right colour, so I thought I'd try my hand at needle lace again, not a big fan of it, as I'm not that good at getting my stitches even, but got to work and tried it.
I first placed a photograph of Rosey (the one above) under some plastic adhesive, and sewed that to some backing fabric.
With a black pen I outlined Rosey and then couched a double strand of no 12 Perle cotton to the outline through the plastic and the background fabric.
I then proceeded from the nose to tail, detached buttonhole all of Rosey's body. When I was finished, I made up Rosey's tan colour using some dyes, and when I was happy with the colour, and while it was still on the plastic I painted Rosey's tan bits.
Allowed it to dry overnight, and clipped her away from the plastic backing. I cut out her padding, and placed it in layers just on the path. Do you think I got my colour right, I recon I got it spot on......
Rosey the subject and Rosey the piece.