Saturday 25 January 2014

Grow your Blog 2014

Welcome to all the newcomers to my blog.  I have been blogging since 2009, mainly about my embroidery but also occasionally about whatever is happening of some importance in my life.

I love surface embroidery, Goldwork and Stumpwork, all of which I try to incorporate into my Crazy Quilting which is also what I love.

I didn't start doing embroidery until a few years ago, but now this is all I do.  My son and I recently created a FREE Embroidery App for iPhone-iPad-iPod, the link is on the left side bar as well as here. It's gonna be a while now unfortunately before I get an Android version up an running, son now has a full time job, and so our time is very limited what time we can spend together on it.

I teach several classes a year with Joggles.com, in the top page tabs you can navigate to the page where more info about what classes I do or up coming are listed.  My next two classes are: The needlelace Dolphin on the 20th Feb 

and Cheerful Flutterings on the 8th April.

Also on these tabs are the FREE Tutorials and template downloads for the projects in our Embroidery App. You can also download my new FREE 2014 Printable Calendar.  I posted a few posts ago on how to put it together.

I am a member of several Yahoo online forum groups, but mainly I am involved with Crazy Quilting International and their swaps, Southern Cross Crazies and their swaps, CQJP and their Annual challenge, but I would be far more involved with StitchMap, where you can learn many different forms of embroidery for Free.  To get more info on these groups their 'buttons' are on the left or right side of the blog.

My ongoing major project this year is the CQJP project, which is the 12 Days of Christmas Wall hanging.  Worked with goldwork and stump-work elements as well as incorporating crazy quilting. I am currently up to number 6.

I am locally involved in two craft groups and Scouts Australia.  Fibres and Fabrics are a local fibre arts group which I am involved with.  Here is the link to their blog.  I am also Chief Steward of the Arts and Crafts division of our local show, here is the link to the Show Schedule if you are local and wish to enter.

I live in the wonderful north Queensland city of Townsville on the East Coast of Australia, a place of great inspiration for my embroideries.

I hope you decide to come back and tag along with me on my journey into Embroidery.

Arlene

11 comments:

Elaine said...

Your embroidery is lovely! Nice to meet you from the Grow your Blog event!

Shirley said...

Good Morning, Welcome to grow your blog party. I am a volunteer helping Vicki this morning. I am discovering some new blogs of interest and yours is one of them. I love to do hand embroidery. I have started the 12 days of Christmas lap quilt. I have enjoyed reading your blog and I will be visiting again. Have fun at the party. Shirley@shirleystitches

Anonymous said...

Hi Arlene...your embroidery and needlework is exquisite. Love that new studio of yours! What a great idea for those blocks...nice curtains!. Have fun blog hopping!

DebraKay Neiman said...

Enjoy the new studio. New Follower. I am having fun finding new bloggers to follow...love sewing and quilting. Greetings from Oklahoma, USA. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello from Canada
I'm visiting from the GYB party. The samples of embroidery shared are beautiful, and to think you only started a few years ago.

Mary Ann Tate said...

You had me as a follower at embroidery and crazy quilting:) I've always wanted to try stump work but right now I'm doing my first crazy quilt block.

Unknown said...

Wow a new studio! That must be super exciting. Your stich work is lovely. It has been nice meeting you.

Hugs
Caroline

Wendy said...

hello nd nice to meet you! I love embroidery and your work looks exquisite so I'm off for a look around!

Tisha Dolton said...

I'm an embroiderer too. Redwork mostly. Nice to meet you through GYB. I hope you have had as much fun as me visiting all the great blogs. (Mine is about embroidery.)

aprilsongstress

macmillanmarie said...

I have had a great time visiting your blog. It is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing.

EvalinaMaria said...

Hello from Yukon, Canada! I'm still working on the GLB and I'm glad I found you ♥