Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Crazy Quilting Round Robin update

I've been busy trying to get these finished so I can get onto other projects, so here are three that I have finished and will post off tomorrow.
First up is Cathy's Luscious lace, I've added the four motifs at each of the corners, and the tatted butterfly. Herringbone stitch along the two bottom seams and highlighted the flower in the center.
 The next one is Gayle's Luscious lace, the lace band was already there, it's now enhanced with fargo ribbon roses, and a beaded seam across the top of it. Bullion flower and a seam of creten and bullions above. The base has a cluster of woven ribbon and more fargo ribbon roses. The last element is a hand painted fan (by me) at the top left corner.
 This last block is actually about 14 inches square, so the photo doesn't project it's size very well. I have given Candji a beetle as I had promised her, and added a meandering ribbon trail with beaded flowers along it. Last was the large lace motif at the top right corner, with a small enhancement of beads.
 close up of my beetle.



Ruby said...

Gorgeous work. Love the fan and the beetle. Great camera work too. When you click you can see good detail.

Carol said...

I don't know much about embroidery, Arlene, but I'm always interested in what you come up with. Those little ribbon roses are beautiful and your beetle is realistic enough to get the insecticide out!

Annette said...

There are some gorgeous colour combinations in the stitcheries.. well done.