Sunday 15 December 2013

I'm moving..... rooms at least

Well after much deliberation (on my hubby's part), he has finally relented and has decided where not going to move houses, he's moving me instead, (cheaper option).

So the last couple of weeks we have been building a carport, we have to shift my car out of the garage first. Then shift everything that was on his side of the garage to the vacant area my car has left. Then put down the floor coverings.
We will hopefully be getting a glass sliding door in the place where the garage roller door is, just waiting on the supplier for this. It may not be installed until mid January.
Next Michael got to cutting out a doorway between this room and the spare room.  Messy job and yes for those who might be asking we did get a small part of the wall tested for asbestos, thankfully all clear.
Whilst he was doing this job, I got busy shifting some of the shelving from my room into here.
Once the doorway is cut, we're now just waiting for the carpenter to build the wall and finish of the doorway.  The open doorway makes a huge difference. This first photo is looking from my 'new' office into the 'studio'
 From the studio into my office.
 Further back in the garage looking towards the 'office'.  Soon there will be a wall here, so I wanted to get a pic before that happens.
 This one is looking back towards the garage door again, now with everything in place. Even the air conditioner is ready for action. The room will be much more bright once the glass door is installed.
Now back to creating...... just a quick note, new Joggles classes are out tomorrow, so watch this space in a day or so, or go visit my classes page or Joggles.

Thanks for visiting...
Arlene

3 comments:

Shawkl said...

Oh, you'll love all of that sunshine for sure! My bestest sewing room ever was when my husband (now ex-husband) inclosed the two-car garage and installed two glass sliding doors where the garage door had been. Lovely light!
Hugs,
Kathy

Elizabeth Braun said...

Lovely, lucky you! I have a room that's 1.9x2.1m.=)

Seems funny to be reading about air con when it's getting well into winter up here!

Hope you're happy in your new 'home', certainly less work than moving house.=)

Unknown said...

You lucky lucky thing!