Thursday 17 November 2011

Crazy Quilting Journal Project 2012 - part 1

So what am I making for this year long project, well I'm far more organized that I thought I would be, here is the construction of some of my blocks:

My year long project is going to be a tree skirt for my Xmas tree.  I have always wanted one, and making one in CQ is just the thing.  I was originally signed up in a round robin for one, but due to my new work commitments I had to pull out.  For these 5 I have used 5 different fabrics and rotated them around so that none are the same.  These pieces will form the points, there will be another 3 and then the other 4 pieces will be the panels that will join the 8 fans.  The 4 panels in the centre are yet to be worked out, but below is a picture to give you the idea.
So if you want to join in on this challenge,  you could make one of these with me, I'm more than happy to share with you the template (as it's my own design anyway).

Happy CQing.....
Arlene

12 comments:

Suztats said...

Boy, you're getting an early start, Arlene! I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas, I think. Your tree skirt will be gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Arlene, I absolutely LOVE this pattern for a tree skirt. I was working on one for several years, but have tossed that idea away (although four of the 8 wedges of the tree skirt are still intact). I can see that your idea is so much lovelier! It will be fun to watch it develop. Hugs, Cathy

Connie said...

Arlene - I would love this pattern! It is gorgeous. I don't have time for one now, but I'd definitely consider it for down the road. I'm still thinking about my journal plans although I have the main idea. (-;

Cathy said...

That's gorgeous already, Arlene!
Cathy L

Marjolein said...

Beautiful fabrics you have chosen. Lovely design. I'll watch you closely as you work on it.

Shari said...

Beautiful. I like the less traditional look of this design. Clever lady, as always. Hugs, Shari

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This is going to belovey Arlene - I will be watching each month to see your block and be inspired!

Beadbugbit said...

I just found your blog from the TAST sight. The blocks look so easy and yet so "put together" if you know what I mean. They look very do-able for a beginner,very elegant, and I look forward to following your progress.
Also, love the WWI photo.

Faye said...

Love your idea for your blocks, Arlene. It will be very exciting to watch it grow with your work and embellishments. I have decided to join in as well, but will have to wait until after Christmas to make blocks...

Jill said...

I just joined CQJP 2012 and found your blog through their blog. Your fabrics are gorgeous!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress this year:)

Shawkl said...

Oh! That's going to be just gorgeous! Super great idea!
Kathy

Wendy said...

I would love your pattern for this...I am thinking on what to do for this years challenge and making a crazy skirt for my tree is what I am thinking of doing this year...now to find the finished skirt to take a look see...