Friday 25 June 2010

My friends work on QC blocks

I had a couple of ladies come and visit me on Tuesdays and I showed them how to make CQ blocks. So over several weeks,we worked on a different element each week, seams, motifs, lace and ribbon, buttons and spiders. Here is their work, they did a fantastic job I thought, I thought I did a great job on showing them how to do this wonderful craft....
Firstly here is some of Desley's work, sorry but I didn't get the whole block, will get a finished photo when I see her again next month. Desley actually made three blocks, a pinkie one and a green one. They were going to be for a child's play hangup, but Desley got so involved in this one and made it more elegant, not suitable for a child's hanging..... Desley is going to frame this one.... Well done Desley.
Here's some more of her block....


And the part I just love the most about this block is the centre and bottom right......
Centre first.....

Just stunning don't you think, perfect way to show off that gorgeous flower in the centre.... and the ribbon work at the bottom

This is just so lovely...
Now for Robyn's block..
I got the full block this time........
And closeups of some of the elements, firstly the button trail at the top right..... and those lovely Cretan stitch half wheels, the flower sequins set the trail of nicely.

And ....... adding braids, little motifs and lace...


And of course no block is complete without a spider and her web, so as I did Florence's needle case I showed them how one way was done...

Next month (after the school holidays), were going to work on making a needle case each.  We're going to swap each around so all three of us get to work on it.

TTFN
Arlene






1 comment:

Ruby said...

Lovely work! Great job Teacher! :)