Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Basically Beaded DYOB - my work on Susan's blocks

G'day,

Well I have been busy stitching, and so I have finished another Basically Beaded block.  Susan's blocks were an array of stunning colours like Carol's, so choosing again was hard, but I finally decided on the blues.
Here are all her naked blocks, the green one had already been stitched, so that left the two purples, a red, yellow and the blue one.

Here is my work on her blue block.
Followed by close ups of the main elements, first the button trail.

Next was a requested beetle, he turned out wonderfully, very happy with him.

 He has a variegated body, with detached buttonhole stitched wings, with added beads and sequins.

I hope Susan likes my block, I won't be sending it on until after the weekend as I want to show it off to a class I have on the weekend in Airlie Beach.

Arlene

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You must be a special magical person - I just love it...

Ritva said...

Wow! Wonderful!

Ritva

Ritva said...

Wow! Love it!

Ritva

crazyQstitcher said...

ininaLove your beetle.

Come and See Arlene’s Crafts at the Twilight Markets This Saturday!

 We’re heading to the Twilight Markets in Toowoomba this Saturday , and we’d love you to come and visit Arlene’s Crafts! 🧵✨ We’ll be bring...