Friday 8 October 2010

Basically Beaded Round Robin

A new Round robin and this one should be fun. I got Peggy Sue's block first, I love the colours there so me.  I had a fair idea what I wanted to do. So here we go... first the whole block.


















Next is a close up of some of the elements, triple fly stitch with small blue beads. Chevron seam with tear drop beads, with heart and larger pink beads along the top.
Woven roses with beaded centres, and twisted chain leaves. Blue organza ribbon held by colonial knots and herringbone stitch. Two rows of chain stitch, each whipped with tread.
Button trail, gold and clear buttons, with gold beads and small blue bead interlocking strands.
A closeup of the finished area, the lace motif, woven roses and the pink whipped chain are all hand dyed by me. this is going to be a lovely block when finished especially when the other very talented people in this Round Robin have their go at this block.

TTFN
Arlene

No comments: